With the rise of digital transformation, it’s critical to enable your technology platforms to scale uniformly across the various divisions of your bank to allow you to see the full relationship between your customer and their finances.
Traditional integration tools have been used for building data warehouses and for enabling reporting systems. Mulesoft acts as a centralized and monolithic router, transformer, and orchestrator of data. API-led Connectivity is the new architectural pattern that provides benefits such as composability, reusability, and architectural flexibility for your bank.
The Power of the Enterprise Service Bus for Banks
An enterprise service bus (ESB) provides API-based connectivity with real-time integration. Unlike traditional ETL tools used for data integration, ESB isolates applications, and databases from one another by providing a middle service layer. This abstraction layer reduces dependencies by decoupling systems to provide flexibility.
Developers utilize pre-built connectors to easily create integrations without extensive knowledge of specific application and database internals, and can very quickly apply changes without collapsing an entire integrated system. Shielded by APIs, applications, and databases can be modified and upgraded without unexpected consequences. In comparison to utilizing ETL tools for operational integration, an ESB provides a logical and well-defined approach to take on such an initiative.
Endless Connections and Flexible Development Tools
MuleSoft offers solutions to help banks and credit unions solve their integration needs. Mulesoft’s Anypoint™ Platform consists of a set of products that help you connect SaaS, cloud, mobile, and on-premises applications and services as well as data sources. Mulesoft delivers a robust integration solution for businesses:
- DataWeave: A graphical data mapping solution that works with Mulesoft to provide powerful data integration capabilities with an easy to use interface.
- Anypoint Connectors: Leveraging a library of connectors enables instant API connectivity to hundreds of popular applications and services, making it easy to extract and load data into popular sources and endpoints.
- Visual Data Mapping: A graphical interface eliminates the need for intricate manual coding. Simply use the graphical drag and drop interface to accelerate productivity.
- File Type Support: With support for flat and structured data formats such as XML, JSON, CSV, POJOs, Excel, and more, banks have flexibility over which data formats to use.
- Database-level Connectivity: For cases where direct interaction to databases is required, MuleSoft includes options to connect to relational databases, as well as emerging Big Data platforms.
Fortimize Leverages Mulesoft to Extend Platform Value
Fortimize partners with Mulesoft to extend the capability for your bank to expose the true, comprehensive value of your customers and create an actionable focus on deepening new and existing relationships.
From wealth management and investment software to core banking data and online banking services, connect all facets of your customer relationship to drive value in the Salesforce platform with a holistic view of your customer throughout various systems.
Fortimize has utilized Mulesoft to integrate with several of the common core banking systems in the industry, including FIS, Fiserv, Jack Henry. Leveraging API and interface layers such as FIS Code Connect and Fiserv Communicator Advantage, we have the experience and know-how of helping our clients unlock the power of their banking data in combination with Salesforce CRM. Connect with our Fortimize Banking Practice to learn more about the power of integration for your bank.